Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wedding Wise

It's been awhile since I posted "Wedding Wise". I guess I needed to get a little older to become wiser. Today's tip is about "How do I personalize my Chuppah?"

 Planning your wedding allows you (hopefully) the chance to express your inner creative self. We all have it! Choosing color, dishes, flowers and dresses to show your  taste.

A Chuppah is no different. The only problem is when someone thinks about personalizing it all they think they can do are names and initials. Here's one example of a very personal Chuppah.

THE BASEBALL CHUPPAH - A couple spent most of their dating life going to baseball games. Luckily, they both loved baseball. Unfortunately,  a close member of the bride's family had passed away and she wanted to include a picture of this person. I designed a diamond (simulating the baseball field) set in a square. Each of the bases were a picture of deceased members of both families. This helped the bride feel that all these people were joining her at this moment in her life. Who was on the pitcher's mound? The couple of course.
Think outside the box. No pun intended. Chuppahs have fabric after that anything goes. You can have, embroidery, beads, silk flowers. Some clients choose Hebrew or English passages that express their love. Do you have pictures, ties, treasures from dates? All these items can be included in your chuppah.

A phone call is free so contact me and we will talk. Oh, I am getting so faklempt already.

1 comment: