Friday, June 1, 2012

I was gone but now I am back!



Sometimes life seems to get in the way of life.  I often think about what I am "suppose" to do as opposed to what I "am" doing. Recently, I came to an "AHA HAH" momen, the term Oprah Winfrey used when she felt the light bulb went on in her brain. I wish I had her light bulb and her brain, I'd be millions of dollars richer. I digress.

My mother often says to me about her own life which has not been an easy one, "she wouldn't change a day of it." This is a woman who almost died and literally saw the light; not the light bulb one either. She suffered from deep depression and anxiety. Fell down stairs and was told she would never walk again; she walks faster than me. The list goes on. Why would someone like this NOT want to change any part of her life. Her answer "Ellen, whatever I have gone through has brought me to this day. At 88 I love my life."

Over the last several months life has challenged me with my own set of trials and tribulations. Sickness, my own and other members of my family and friends. Onslaught of company for holidays. Yes I know that is a good thing but sometimes too much of a good thing (Haagen daaz ice cream, who am I kidding...any ice cream) can be overwhelming. Time flitting away without accomplishing my goals. Finally, last week, my 17 1/2 year old dog died. 

I learned something yesterday from my coach Lesley (see post below). Life is made up of 5 minute intervals. Add them together and you can do almost anything you want. Today I am back! I can put all of you into 6 of my 5 minute intervals to say hello. I can finish a Chuppah.  I can spend time with my husband, parents, children and grandchildren. Like my Mom, I am going to go through life and say " I wouldn't change a moment of it." Thanks Mom and thank you Lesley.







 




No comments:

Post a Comment