Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Coach in Life

This is a thank you note I sent to my coach in art. For those who don't know what a coach is here is an explanation:
Like in sports, it is someone who guides you to be the best that you can be. It is a person who pushes, hopefully not through yelling but through talking. A coach teaches you to set goals and offers suggestions on how to achieve them.

The person I thank for doing all of this with me is Lesley Riley. She has a program called "Artist Success".  I am the artist who creates your chuppah because of Lesley"s coaching. She helped lead me on the path to be your designer.

Please read below the letter for additional comments.



A year and a half ago I wouldn't have any words to fill in the last box "website".
In the Jewish religion there is a phrase "looking for your b'sheret". It is usually used when one is looking for their future partner in life. A b'sheret is someone who will stand along side you through life's trials and tribulations. It is someone who will help and support you to be the best you that you can be. The act of looking also implies working towards this goal.

Lesley, you are my b'sheret (in friendship). This last year you helped me see my potential. I am an artist who is capable of reaching goals I set for myself. I met you at a time when I was at a crossroad. I had public affirmations that my work was "good enough" to be recognized by experts in the field of art.  I knew I had "it" but I didn't know what "it" was. Our meeting was what I would call "the Hand of G-d" sending out a spiritual sign. At QBL you were just beginning your journey into a new venture at the same time I needed someone just like you to guide me on my journey.

My life will never be the same. You have made all the difference in my growth as an artist. Your gentle but direct insistence on helping me set my path in an organized fashion helped earn respect from those around me. I was no longer a "dabbler" but I was a serious artist and business woman. I am proud of who I have become. G-d sent you to me at just the right time for both of us. It was a spiritual hand as well as your hand that brought me to this point in my life. I have now combined my three loves in life; family, art and religion.

Today was our last phone call. I know that it will not be our last encounter. We will continue to share our successes and struggles. Our personal joys and concerns. You are my therapist, my coach, my support . You are my friend. Thank you for all that you have done for me and will continue to do for other artists. Do you realize your work literally makes this world a more beautiful place to live? 




 Thank you, Lesley


My prayer for you is that your b'sheret will support you and guide you to be the best you that you can be. Don't forget to do the same for your spouse. 

2 comments:

  1. Every day we make choices to do or not do many things. These choices may range from profound to trivial and each one has an effect that makes our lives more fulfilling or less fulfilling, more balanced or less balanced, that make our process of living more effective or less effective. Life Coaching helps you learn how to make choices that create an effective, balanced and fulfilling life.To find a life coach is also a big excercise itself, you have to be very clear about the abilities of your life coach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick,
    I have no doubt about my life coach. Lesley is an artist with a full plate. She has 6 children, several grandchildren, a father who has lived with her... the list goes on. She is living a real life and is able to be a successful artist.

    I have found my mentor and I recommend anyone in need of one look her up. She will take you to your dreams.

    ReplyDelete