Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Let's have a party!

When I was young it was easy to get out of anything I didn't want to do. I would just ignore it or say "I don't know". It's funny how some things never change. I am what you would call "the great procrastinator", except when it comes to my commissions. Don't worry all future clients, I love sewing so your chuppah deadline is safe with me...not! Just kidding. No really I am kidding.

The last month and a half I have been pushing everyone away with the phrase " I am too busy, I have to redo my studio." I have worked a collective  8 hours in the last month and a half on my studio. I have worked on my computer, buying presents for birthdays and Chanukah on ebay, walking my 17 year old dog 5 times a day and finding every excuse to watch my grandchildren. Grandchildren are another great way to get out of doing anything else.

Several years ago I read a Dave Barry column. It was all about his messy house and how he and his wife never seemed to get to clean it. Paraphrasing, he said to his wife, "You know dear, our house is a pig sty. Do you know what  we need to do? We have to have a party?" Now most of you are probably thinking, is he CRAZY PANTS? Think about when you have a party. Don't you  clean like a maniac when you know people are coming? Why should you kill the illusion that you are organized, clean and perfect?

 Thanksgiving is coming! Guess whose studio is going to be finished in one week?


                                                       Before - Stay tuned for after
-

No comments:

Post a Comment